Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Floors

Well, I knew there would be some sort of delay! Got the sander, and then set it to work. It was much quieter than I thought it would be and pretty easy to handle. However, I only got about a 5 foot strip done, and the sandpaper (36 grit) was all gummed up. I was expecting to go through a lot of sandpaper, but this was too much.
Talked to flooring people and they said to strip the floor first, as the buildup of years of varnish would take forever to remove with sandpaper.

So, started stripping the floors. This meant taking the sander back, as I don't want to pay for it if I am not using it! I have to say, the floors look really, really nice underneath. It's going to make the job of sanding much easier and quicker as well.
This is going to be a real PITA, but it will be so worth it.