Thursday, July 5, 2007

Love my floors!!

I am so excited - the floors look great, and there isn't even finish on them yet!! Floor guys showed up before 9am, and got to work about 10 minutes later. They didn't waste any time.

The first floor is done, and they are coming back tomorrow to finish the upstairs.

On a side, note - a quick way to come close to being fired by me:

They are sanding the floors only, I told them I would be putting on the finish when I scheduled the appointment. One man said to me "So your husband is going to put down the polyurethane?" Not sure why he would think that, as I was the only one around. So, of course I had to point out that I did almost all the work on the house, and would continue to do so. Grrrrrr....

Here is the dining room at the start of sanding and finished sanding:




Old living room:

New living room (sanded and sealed floor, but no finish yet)