Monday, July 9, 2007

Moldy paint

After putting the 2nd coat of finish on the floors, I moved on to painting the back hallway off the kitchen. I thought I would paint it the same color as the kitchen, so I got out the paint tray and roller that I had used previously. They were both covered in mold! So - I got out the leftover paint, and there was mold inside of the paint can as well. How weird! The odd thing is, this is special paint for kitchen and bath that is supposed to be resistant to mold. Yuck.
So, that area is now going to be white LOL!

Hopefully the floors will be dry tomorrow. It is extremely humid and hot, so I don't hold out a lot of hope that I will be able to walk on them tomorrow - but they were finished by 2pm so maybe they will be dry by 9am tomorrow morning. If so, then the shoe molding will go in the dining room and kitchen.

Another picture of the dining room with varnish. Very purty!!